Thursday, August 28, 2014

Exploring the City

Hey Y’all!  I landed in Hong Kong on Tuesday night and am so excited that the journey is now beginning.  Thank you all so much for your support and prayers.  I would not be here without you.  Adjusting has not been too bad except for the jet lag.  I am writing this at four in the morning due to the fact that I just cannot sleep.  This twelve hour time difference is really taking its toll at the moment.  I start work next week with Rev. Stephen Miller and the rest of the mission to seafarers chaplains, and I have a class today all about working in the port of Hong Kong.  This week however has just been about adjusting and exploring the city.  Wednesdays are great here because all of the museums are free!  I was able to learn more about Hong Kong at the history Museum and also saw some amazing art at the art museum.  Hong Kong has an incredibly diverse story ranging from ancient Chinese dynasties to European Colonialism to Japanese control during World War Two and the eventual hand over back to mainland China.  I also applied for an ID card yesterday and will be getting a driver’s license soon after.  The streets of Hong Kong better watch out!  I will post again next Friday or Saturday after my first week of work so stay tuned. 

Until then peace, Justin
Jet Li's hand prints on Avenue of the Stars

View of Hong Kong Island from across the bay.  I took this on a morning run.

This is where I am staying

Art at the Hong Kong Art Museum (it spoke to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment